Totokaelo is a luxury retail company. We bring together our unique approach and forward-thinking technology to create an unmatched client experience through the convenience of online shopping or through the personal relationship enabled by brick and mortar. Our mission is to introduce original and distinguished fashion, art and objects to the consumer by representing collections with limited global distribution and designers who possess a distinct sense of beauty.
The SR. GRAPHIC DESIGNER will help support our creative initiatives. This position, based in New York City, NY would brainstorm concepts with our creative team and contribute to the look and feel of those projects while executing various deliverables used for marketing, advertising, and branding purposes across digital, print, and social channels.
The ideal candidate will be a well-organized, detail-oriented, self-starter with the desire to create engaging digital and print content that is brand appropriate for the luxury retail market and ultimately helps to drive product sales. Our small but growing team is looking for a designer who thinks outside the box, develops well-rounded campaigns, translates abstract themes into effective creative, and someone who works well with others.
PLEASE NOTE: a portfolio submission is a requirement for this position. Any applications that do not include a portfolio of recent work (attachment or link) will not be considered.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Maintain a current knowledge of design trends, strategies, platforms, tools, and best practices that are applicable to retail/fashion/e-commerce companies
- Conceptualize interactive design strategies that align with Totokaelo aesthetics and luxury standards
- Collaboratively develop campaigns and marketing materials for seasonal and one-off creative projects
- Learn from internal marketing metrics, using those insights to guide future design decisions
- Understand key strategic business and marketing goals and support them via internal and external channels
- Design marketing and e-commerce assets for digital communication, as needed (i.e. homepage, landing pages, email, etc)
- Design assets for social media channels, online advertising, and affiliate sites (i.e. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, etc)
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 4-5 years visual design experience
- Impeccable typography and graphic design skills
- Excellent time-management skills
- Proven ability to combine conceptual, creative and strategic thinking with tactical execution
- Desire and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, while executing multiple projects at a time, in various phases, and under tight deadlines
- Strong project planning and organizational skills
- Post-production proficiency
- Portfolio (must be submitted with resume in order to be considered for this position)
- Degree in Communication Design, Graphic Design, or something similar
- Experience concepting, developing, and executing campaigns for fashion brands
- Copywriting skills
WHAT WE OFFER
- A talented and dedicated team
- Competitive compensation and incentives
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- A discount to one of the best stores in the world